When you or your children need a snack, it's easy to grab something that's processed and full of sugar.
Eating healthy is time consuming, right? It doesn't have to be. Here are just a handful of ideas:
16 Quick and Healthy Snack Ideas The Whole Family Will Love:
1. Apples with Nut or Seed Butter
2. Dried fruit such as mangos (ones without the added sugar), apples, bananas, apricots, prunes (great for when you crave something sweet)
3. Nuts - almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, stay away from peanuts if you have issues with inflammation
4. Snap peas and Hummus
5. Carrots and Hummus
6. Rice Cake with Nut or Seed Butter
7. Fruit & Green Smoothie - Frozen or fresh berries, milk or milk alternative, spinach, coconut oil, honey
8. Cucumber Salad- all you need is a cucumber, vinegar, onion, water and honey (sugar, agave or other substitute)
9. Hard boiled egg
10. Homemade popcorn with sea salt, nutritional yeast and olive/coconut oil. Curry powder is another great additive if you like the spice.
11. Bowl of grapes
12. Mandarin Oranges or "cuties". My son gravitates towards the smaller form of oranges at this stage
13. Dried Berries - blueberries, mulberries, cherries or strawberries
14. Plain Yogurt with Berries and Granola
Most yogurt is full of sugar and other unnecessary ingredients. And some of the most common non-organic yogurt brands even have high-fructose corn syrup. I recommend getting plain yogurt and adding fresh fruit or a handful of healthy granola to sweeten it up. My son loves plain yogurt with frozen blueberries and a little granola.
15. Seed crackers (or healthy cracker option) and avocado
16. Seed crackers and cheese
There you go, 16 quick and healthy snack ideas the whole family will love.
Which one would you like to start incorporating? Do you have a favorite not listed above, please LEAVE A COMMENT below and share it with community?
I find it helpful to prepare many of these the night before to make it easy to grab on the go. Cut it up and put into tupper/glass-ware and in the fridge, if necessary. You and your children are more likely to grab these healthier options when it's cut up or snacks are ready to go.
Cheers to Happy, Healthy SNACKING!